Activity Taster Sessions
We are pleased to announce a series of activity taster days across the County taking place over the coming year.
All Young People of all sections are welcome to attend these activities as a group or individually. Details of the weekends and pricing are shown below. To book places simply complete the online form for each individual taking part. We would ask bookings to be submitted 2 weeks prior to the weekend desired to ensure time to make the appropriate arrangements.
The County Programme and Activity Teams and joined together to develop a programme of adventurous activities around the County. The aim is to provide a wide selection of activities around the County available to all sections. By taking part together it is hoped it will encourage members to want to continue in Scouting and move on to their next respective section. It also provides an opportunity for everyone to try activities that may normally be unavailable to them at an affordable price.
The venues for the land activities have camping space available if Groups or Districts wish to turn these weekends into a camping opportunity. This will be up to Groups to arrange for themselves by contacting the campsites directly.
The young people will be able to book online using the link above; once bookings are received, we will invoice Groups for the number attending. Discount is available for those attending both days of any weekend. The prices are listed below and reflect the number of activities on offer for each section. Bookings will close two weeks prior to the event. Payments to be made to individual Scout Groups, and the County will invoice those Groups for the number participating.
Dates and Venues:
- 11th June, 12th June, Butchers Coppice Activity Centre, Holloway Avenue, Bournemouth, BH11 9JW – NOW CANCELLED DUE TO FACILITIES NO LONGER BEING AVAILABLE
- 17th Sept, 18th Sept, Buddens Activity Centre, Puddletown Rd, Bere Regis, Wareham BH20 7NU
- 9th July, 10th July, Rockley Watersports Centre, Poole Park Lake Path, Poole BH15 2SF
- 10th Sept, 11th Sept, Hengistbury Head Activity Centre, The Broadway, Bournemouth BH6 4EN
Arrival: Arrival for registration from 9am each day. All young people to report to registration tent. Collection will be from 5pm.
Cost: Payments to be made to individual Scout Groups
- Squirrels – £8 per person (1 day) £14 per person (2 day)
- Beavers – £10 per person (1 day) £18 per person (2 day)
- Cubs- £14 per person (1 day) £24 per person (2 day)
- Scouts and Explorers- £18 per person (1 day) £30 per person (2 day)
- PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CANCELLATION OF BUTCHERS COPPICE EVENT, ALL BOOKINGS FOR BUDDENS FARM ACTIVITY WEEKEND WILL BE DISCOUNTED BY £2 OFF THE LISTED PRICE SHOWN ABOVE.
PLEASE NOTE THE DISCOUNTED 2Day RATE IS ONLY FOR BACK TO BACK SESSIONS AT THE SAME WEEKEND.
UPDATED ACTIVITIES LIST For Land Activities Days (please note some activities will be limited by age and size of participant)
- Climbing Tower
- Soft Archery
- Foam Swords (jousting)
- Air Rifle Shooting
- Air Pistol Shooting
- Crossbow Shooting
- Nurf Gun Target Shooting
- Tin Can Alley
- Outdoors Games
- Indoors Games
- High Ropes
- Create Stacking
- Cave Bus / Tunnel Complex
FAQ’s: – FAQ’s – Activity Days 2022
Booking Form (Online Version): – Online Booking Form
Booking Form (Printable Version): – Printable Booking Form
Leaders Info Letter: – Leaders Info Letter
Packed lunch will be required. Drinks will be available, but water bottles will be required. Young People should ensure suitable clothing and footwear is worn for the conditions.
For any additional queries please contact :
Assistant County Commissioner Scouts – Matthew Goodliffe firstname.lastname@example.org or Assistant County Commissioner Cubs – James Winchester email@example.com