MOL – Using the Compliance Assistant
You will need Excel for this function.
1 Download the results
- Click over the blue symbol with the green arrow then click ‘CSV’ then follow the instructions being mindful of GDPR and where you should store the file
2 Download the Compliance Assistant function
- Go to scouts.org.uk/compliance-assistant
– Do this each time as it constantly updates, even though it will download onto your PC
- Double-click the file named Compliance Assistant….
- Click Download from the top right after reading the instructions in the green box
- Open the downloaded file and complete the instructions about enabling the macros and possibly Edit depending on your Excel version
3 Run the Compliance Assistant function
- Click the Start button
- Follow the instructions to select the file you downloaded in the first step
- Wait a few seconds or a little more depending on your PC and a new excel file will be created and opened for you
– Tip: Save this new file straight away to save generating it again, being mindful of GDPR and where you should store the file
4 View the Compliance Assistant function
- The first sheet gives you some explanation
- The second sheer “Summary” gives you the stats
- The third sheet “Appointments” gives info on each role held in your area.
– Note its for each role so some people could have several entries with relevant info for each of their roles
– Each beige line has something of note
– Pink/Red are overdues
– Orange will shortly become overdues
– Each column has filters – click the little down arrow and you can control what is displayed. For example, in the ‘Safety Training completed date’ column, you can Filter by colour and select Pink/Red then you only see overdues.
- The report is only as good as the data entered into Compass. Liaise with your LTM to add information and correct errors.