These are from POR and mandatory.
- Within 3 years – of joining, every leader and manager* should complete a first aid course (two levels available)
- Every 3 years – Every leader and manager* should renew this training
*This does not include Section Assistants, Skills Instructors, SAS members and coordinators although they are welcome to do the training
Scouting First Response course
- Mandatory minimum, either as a 1 day instructor-led course or,
- Part self-study online followed by a practical session of a few hours
Scouting Full First Aid course
- Alternative, 2 days, useful for Adventurous Activities
- Qualifies you to wear First Aid badge
- Must cover same syllabus as scouting requires
- Enquire with Dorset’s first aid support team by sending a photo / copy of your certificate
- You may be required to do some top-up training if anything wasn’t covered
Keeping your Compass record up-to-date for you
Dorset Adult training team keep first aid records up-to-date and offers full support with any enquiries. Training Advisers and line managers should not update these records but can understand the process from the details below.
First Aid run by Dorset Adult Training
This will be the same as First Response option 2 with one addition. The details of the higher course will be added to the Ongoing Learning.
Once this has been validated, the training record will be updated with the date the course was done and its details will be added to the Ongoing Learning.