Skills & Permit Training
Dorset Scouts Assistant County Commissioners can advise and help with queries:
- Air Chris Chappell email@example.com
- Land Andy Young firstname.lastname@example.org
- Water (Joint) Mark Wildman email@example.com
- Water (Joint) Paul Rayner firstname.lastname@example.org
The standard training scheme for leaders is to deliver day-to-day scouting activities and ends in the Woodbadge award. Leaders can extend their skills by doing specialist training, often specialising in one of adventurous activities categories of land, sea or air.
Adults can also volunteer to be a Skills Instructor only and they do the mandatory leader training (module 1) then the specialist skills training, usually with first aid too.
What’s your passion? Could you inspire young people? Take a look below at the courses on offer from county.
Scout Adventures also offer courses.
- Mountain Leader Award information by Mountain Training
- Single Pitch Award Handbook by Mountain Training
- Walking Group Leader Handbook by Mountain Training
- TSA Factsheet Assessment Checklist for Rafting