Take a look at Dorset Scouts Activity Calendar 2019. Application forms will be available here in the New Year:
Organise an activity for your Section
The activities calendar contains all the opportunities, including those you would need to organise for your section, for example, a caving experience with our Caving leader. Other activities are by invitation, for example, air weekend experience at Henstridge airfield. And some you organise direct with an external provider, for example, gliding.
Many of the adventurous activities require specialist leaders with the appropriate training and permits. Whilst this might be delivered locally, Dorset Scouts support by offering its own adventurous activities programme for young people and adults and delivering adult training. Melvin Stroud heads up the Dorset Scouts activities team – email@example.com
The following people can offer knowledge and advice for running activities.
- ACC Air Activities – Chris Chappell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACC Land Activities – Andy Young – email@example.com
- Caving Adviser – Mike Read – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archery Adviser – Luke Gray – email@example.com
- ACC Water Activities (Joint) – Mark Wildman – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACC Water Activities (Joint) – Paul Rayner – email@example.com
- ACC Events & competitions – Luke Gray – firstname.lastname@example.org
- DofE Adviser – Andy Miles – email@example.com
- ACC International – Jane Mearns – firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACC Additional Needs – Janine Root – email@example.com
Nights Away are the essence of scouting and Dorset Scouts support the permit scheme which is generally run by each district.
Joe Merefield is the County Nights Away Adviser for Dorset Scouts and is on firstname.lastname@example.org